A quick and yummy dish for breakfast or snack!
"Shavige " a kannada word means " vermicelli/Sevai"
- 4 cups vermicelli(I use Dragon shavige/concorde shavige as there is no necessity to fry before using shavige.If using MTR,you need to fry and then immerse the shavige in water.)
- 3 tsp Refined Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 6-7 Green chillies
- Few curry leaves
- Onion - 2 finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot nicely cut
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Boil water in a vessel and add the vermicelli in boiling water and let it stay for five to seven minutes.Drain the excess water and keep it ready.(Do not let it soak for a long time as the vermicelli will become soggy)
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the mustard seeds, urad dal,chana dals,a pinch of asafoetida. Saute till mustard seeds sputters.
- Add the green chillies and curry leaves, saute for a few seconds
- Add the chopped onions and bell peppers. Saute till onions are soft and bell peppers are cooked through.
- Add the turmeric powder and saute again.
- Now Add the drained vermicelli and combine.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 30 Mins