Avalakki Vaggarane or Spicy Poha(parched/flaked rice) is a great breakfast delight!It is easy to make and can be made with lot of different variations !
- Avalakki/Poha/pressed rice- 2 cups
- Capsicum- 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- urad dal - 1tsp
- bengal gram - 1tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 strands
- Green Chillies - 6-7
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Freshly grated coconut - 1 small cup
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take Avalakki/poha, wash it well and drain the water.
- Soak the avalakki in about 1 cup of water and keep aside for 8-10 minutes. After soaking, poha will become soft and dry.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the mustard seeds,jeera,bengal gram,urad dal. After they sputter add curry leaves.
- Add cut ginger,capsicums and chillies and fry well.
- Fry till they become soft.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Now add poha to it and mix well.
- Finally, add grated coconut and squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on it. Mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Note: You could add all the vegetables you like for some variety!