This recipe is from my cousin Roopashree:)
- Urad dal - 1 cupSalt - to taste
- Pepper - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Chillies - optional
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Soak the urad dal in 2 cups of water for about 3 hrs.
- Grind the black pepper and keep it aside.
- Chop the ginger into very small pieces and keep it aside.
- Drain the water from the soaked urad dal.Grind the soaked urad dal with little water, so that the consistency is thick.
- Add pepper, ginger and salt to this mixture( If you want it be more spicy, chopped chillies can be added.)
- Heat oil, pat the batter on a oiled plastic sheet and make a hole like donut. Slip this into hot oil and fry it till it is golden brown.
- Remove from the pan,remove excess oil by patting it on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!