I have always loved my Mom's rich carrot halwa recipe which entails cooking and stirring the halwa in a large saucepan over the flame .And the end result..yummy carrot halwa!!
- 6 Medium sized carrots(peeled and grated)
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1.5 cups low fat milk
- 1/4 cup milk maid(condensed milk)
- 4 Tbsp sugar(you can adjust this to your wish)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Nuts,raisins for garnishing
- Take a microwave safe bowl and add ghee to it.microwave ghee at 100% power for 30 seconds.
- Add the grated carrots to the bowl and mix well with the ghee.Now again microwave at 100% power for about five minutes.(Note:make sure you keep checking every 60 seconds and stir mix the carrots in between )
- Now add milk ,condensed milk and sugar and mix well.Microwave at high power for about 5-7 minutes until the mixture is thick or until all the milk is evaporated.Make sure you keep stirring in between the process.
- Remove from microwave.Add the cardamom powder and ganish with nuts and raisins.Mix well and serve hot !
Preparation Time:15 minutes