- All purpose flour(Maida) - 1 1/2 cups
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Semolina(fine Sooji) - 2 Tbsp
- Roasted Groundnuts - 1/2 Cup(coarsely ground)
- Warm water - 1/4 cup or as required
- Sesame seeds - 3 tsp
- Oil - 1/3 cup
- Melted butter - 3 Tbsp
- Onion -1(finely chopped)
- Green chilles - 4 to 5(finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves -1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE
Take a mixing bowl and add all the above ingredients in to it and mix well to form a soft dough.
Cover the dough and let it stay for about 30 minutes .
- Meanwhile Pre heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Divide the dough into equal small balls .Flatten each ball in between your hands and arrange them on the baking tray.(Tip: Dip fingers in water while flattening the balls.This prevents the nippattu from sticking to hands.)
- To get really crispy nipattus, the flattened dough should be really thin.
- Prick on the circular discs with fork before keeping them in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes till golden brown in colour. (Check once after 15 minutes to check the status of the nippatu..Make sure you do not over burn it.)
- Remove from oven and it can stored in airtight containers for a long time!
- Enjoy the spicy nipattus!