For the dough:
- Fine Rava(Sooji) - 1 Cup
- Maida - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 2 Tsp
- Oil for Deep Frying
For the filling:
- Desiccated coconut or Shredded Kobbari - 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Powdered Elaichi/Cardamom - 1/2 Tsp
HOW TO MAKE:
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough.Add enough water to make a soft dough.Knead well and keep it aside.(Make sure not to add too much water)
- Take a mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients for the filling and keep it ready.
- Pull out small balls from the dough and roll them into small circular puris. Make sure the puris are not too thick.
- Spoon in the filling on one half of the circle and fold along the center; Seal the ends well with your fingers.
- Take a deep fry pan and heat oil on medium heat.
- Drop the Karigadubu into oil one by one and fry until they turn golden brown in colour. Fry on both sides.
- Remove from oil and strain into paper towels.
- Let it cool completely and this can be stored in airtight containers for a long time.
Preparation Time: About 30-40 mins;
Makes: About 20-25;