- Eggplant(Baingan)-1 medium , un-peeled, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Potato (aloo)-2 medium , peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Tomato-4 medium cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Chillis - 1 chopped vertical and de-seeded
- Ginger - grated in to a paste -1 inch
- Coriander powder - 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves-Finely cut
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- A pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- Water- 2 Tbsp
HOW TO MAKE:
- Heat the oil(about 4 Tbsp) in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Fry the potatoes till they are cooked through, turn the potatoes few times while frying. Take out potatoes with a slotted spoon (this allows excess oil to drip back into the frying pan) and place on a paper towel.
- Now add the eggplant pieces. Fry the eggplant pieces same way and remove once done.
- Now take a small bowl, mix the shredded ginger, green pepper, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric, and water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida after seeds crack add the spice mixture and stir-fry for a minute until you see the oil start to separate from the spice mixture.
- Add chopped tomatoes stir-fry for a minute.
- Now add the previously fried potatoes and eggplant mix it gently, let it simmer for three to four minute on medium low heat.( if needed add three to four spoons of water)
- Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander mix it well.
- Enjoy with roti/rice!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes