MASALA PURI(MASAAL PURI)
Chaat puris - Crushed- About 5-6 per plate (Recipe in a different post)
- Dry green peas soaked overnight and boiled - 11/2 cups
- roasted chana dal - 1 tspn
- poppy seeds - 1/2 tspn
- oil - 1 Tbspn
- cumin seeds/jeera - 1/2 tspn
- bay leaf - 2
- 3 pods star anise(not whole flower)
- 1 marati moggu
- fennel seeds - 1/4 tspn
- cilantro(kothambari soppu) - 2 Tbspn
- red chillis powder - 1 tsp
- green chilly - 1
- cinnamon - 2 inch
- cloves - 3
- garlic pods - 2
- Cooked Green peas - 1 cup
- Finely Cut Onion - 1
- Finely Cut Tomato - 1
- Finely grated Carrot - 1
- Finely cut Coriander leaves
- Red Chilly powder
- Sev /bombay mixture - 1/4 Cup
HOW TO MAKE:
Add oil in a pan,when medium hot ,add jeera,bay leaves,cinnamon,cloves,star anise,marati moggu fry for few seconds,add the fennel seeds.
- Then add red chilly,poppy seeds fry it and keep it aside.
- Combine the boiled peas,above tempering and the remaining ingredients in the list.Lets blend it to a smooth puree by adding little at a time.You can use water while grinding to ease the process.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil on medium for 15-20 min and simmer it for 15 more min.Adjust water as it tend to thicken once boiled and cooled.While serving add 1 cup water and then heat up again.
- If possible,refrigerate and use it next day for best results.
Now for assembling the masala puri on a plate.Follow the below steps!
- Take 5-6 chat puris and mash them as shown below.
- Next add about 2 Tsp peas on the puris.
- Take about 2 ladles of prepared hot gravy and pour it in the plate.
- Now Garnish with onions,tomato,carrots.
- Add in a pinch of salt and red chilli powder (as required)
- Add little sev atop and then with garnish with coriander leaves
- Now the Masala puri is ready to be served!Serve while hot and enjoy!
Shilpa.. heavenly!! I JUST LOVE Gaadi style masala puri.. the pics look gr8 and am sure it would be even better to taste.. how i wish i could try some :)too good chippa!! will try n make myself too.. thank u for this recipe!ReplyDelete
slurppp! :) yummy! tasty blog!ReplyDelete
Thank you soo much.. It looks yummyReplyDelete