- Chapathi flour - 2 Cups
- Warm water - 3/4 cup + little extra
- Salt -1/2 tsp or to taste
- Dry chapathi flour for dusting
- Bread Toaster
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a bowl and mix the chapathi flour and salt well.
- Now Add in the warm water and knead well to form a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 to 20 minutes before using it.
- Divide the dough in to a medium lemon sized balls.
- Dip the dough in to dry flour once and roll it in to a oval shape using a rolling pin.(Let it be thicker and smaller than the normal rotis)
- Place the rolled out roti on a hot tava and cook on both sides until you see some bubbles and they turn in to brown spots.
- Remove roti and keep in a covered hot case.
- Repeat the process for the remaining rotis.
For Tandoori Roti:
- Wnen you are ready to eat ,pop the rotis in to a bread toaster and toast them on medium until they puff up.
- Toast them until dark brown spots appear.
- Once the roti is done,remove from toaster and slightly butter it (optional)
- Serve hot with Dal,Subzi :-)Tastes almost similar to tandoori roti!