Left over pongal at home or wanna try something new,try this easy recipe for a change:-)Pongal vada!!
- Pongal(Khara-spicy)- 1 cup(note:left over pongal can be used,should be in room temperature)
- Onion -1 chopped well
- Chillies- 1 or 2(optional)
- Besan - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a big mixing bowl and add pongal,besan ,rice flour,onion,chillies and salt.
- Mix well without adding any additional water as the water content in pongal will be quite sufficient.
- Heat a frying pan with oil and keep it ready.
- Now make small lemon sized balls with the batter and fry them in the pan until golden brown on low to medium heat.
- Remove from pan and pat dry the extra oil.
- Serve hot with chutney!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes