CARROT - MUESLI KHEER(PAYASAM)
Tried this carrot kheer along with the goodness of muesli for a change!We all loved it!Hope you like it too!!Here is the recipe:)
- Carrots - About 4 carrots(big) chopped into pieces
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Condensed milk - 4 Tbsp
- Ghee - 1 Tsp
- Almonds(soaked in little water) - 5-6
- Muesli - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Saffron few strands
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a pressure cooker.
- Add in the chopped carrots(Peel the carrots if necessary)
- Pressure Cook the carrots in milk for about 3 whistles ,switch off and allow it to cool completely.
- Then blend them to a paste along with soaked almonds.
- Heat ghee and shallow fry muesli for a few seconds and keep aside.
- To the the same vessel, add the carrot paste and saute for 10 minutes.(to get rid of the raw taste)
- Add about 3/4 cup water and sugar to the reduced carrot paste and stir till the sugar dissolves.
- Now add in the fried muesli .
- Garnish with few saffron strands.
- Serve chilled and Enjoy!