Festive season and some of my friends were fasting.So tried out this eggless cake with Sabudana for a change for her Birthday.It turned out quite well!!Here goes the recipe:)
- 2 cups Sabudana(dry roasted and powdered)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6-8 almonds, chopped
- Raisins a handful
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
How to make:
- Dry roast sabudana for about 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Grind the sabudana into a powder form.
- Sift the flour,baking powder well in a dry container.
- Add sugar,butter,bananas and milk in a blender and blend them into a nice puree.
- Now pour the above puree into the container containing flour.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder,raisins and almonds.
- Mix and beat well to get a pouring consistency.Now the batter is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg celcius.
- Now take a baking container.
- Grease the container with little butter and dust it with little flour.
- Pour the batter on to the container.
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes.(keep checking after 20 mins by inserting a fork in the center to see if it comes out clean,if not continue backing for 10 more minutes)
- Switch off and let it cool .
- Cut into pieces and serve!