Tried making Avocado Raitha or our very own version of guacamole and it turned out to be quite tasty:)
- Medium ripe Avocado - 1
- Green chillies - 2
- Onion -1 small(optional)
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Coriander - 2 strands
- Jeera - 1.5 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Yogurt or curd - 1 cup unsweetened(if sour yogurt is used its perfect!)
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering - 1 tsp
HOW TO MAKE
- Peel the skin of Avocado and cube them in to small pieces.
- Now take a grinder and grind the avocado with green chillies,lime juice,coriander,ginger,jeera seeds ,salt and yogurt into a puree.Now Avocado raitha is ready.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add in the oil.Once hot add in the mustard seeds and let it sputter.
- Switch off and temper this on Avocado raitha.
- Serve as a side dish with pulao or plain rice!