Homemade Paneer or cottage cheese..it is healthy and yummy!prepare at home n enjoyy !!
- 1.5 liter milk
- 1 cup curd
HOW TO MAKE
- Bring the milk to a rolling boil (make sure you are right there to avoid spill overs!).
- Add 1 cup of curd and give it a good mix.
- Now simmer for another 2 minutes and let the whey separate well.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool a bit.
- Now take a cheese cloth or a thin cotton cloth and transfer the whey on to it.Be sure to cool off to a normal temperature before squeezing the excess water.
- Now keep the cheese cloth on a strainer and keep some heavy weight on it so that all excess water will be removed .
- Leave for about 2 hours .
- Now take the paneer and refrigerate for about 1 hour .
- Once the paneer is a bit hard, cut them into cubes and they are ready to be used in curries or can be stored about 15 to 20 days in refrigerator.
- Lemon juice or curd can be used instead of curd.But I seem to like the one with curd method.