Mysore pak is a sweet which originated in mysore , Karnataka. It is made by using generous amounts of ghee (clarified butter), sugar and gram flour.
- Water - 1/2Cup
- Gram Flour - 1.5Cups
- Ghee - 2Cups
- Sugar - 2Cups
HOW TO MAKE:
- Mix besan gram flour with 3 tsp of hot ghee and sieve.
- Take sugar in thick bottomed pan.
- Add water and let it boil to form sugar syrup till it reaches soft ball stage (when the sugar syrup starts boiling a nd frothing, take a water cup and drop little sugar syrup to it, if it turns to a soft ball and sinks to the bottom, your sugar syrup is ready!)
- Melt the ghee in a bowl.(make sure it should be really hot)
- Now add the flour slowly to the sugar syrup and mix rapidly so that no lumps are formed.
- Then keep adding the hot ghee to the flour little by little, stirring continuously
- Cook till the mixture becomes frothy and ghee separates.
- Spread out on a greased plate. Cut into squares when firm.