Healthy oats idli will surely make a good breakfast recipe! Try it:)
- Oats - 2 cups
- Rava/semolina -1 cup
- Chana dal -1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 to 3
- Coriander - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - handful
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Curds - 1/2 cup
- Water - to adjust to idli batter consistency. Make sure its not too watery.
- Oil for frying and greasing the idli moulds.
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a frying pan and dry roast the oats for 3 minutes and allow it to cool.Then grind them to a fine powder.
- Now add 2 tsp oil to the frying pan, add in mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal .
- Once they start sputtering add in the rava/semolina and fry well for few minutes until you get a nice aroma on medium flame.
- At the end add in the powdered oatsand mix well.
- Switch off and let the mixture cool down.
- Add salt to taste , curry leaves and coriander leaves .
- Now add in the curds and required water to get a thick batter consistency.
- Lastly add the baking soda and mix well.Allow the batter to stay for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile grease the idli moulds with little oil and keep it ready.
- Add the batter to the moulds and steam in the cooker for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Switch off and enjoy hot hot idlis with chutney!
Preparation time: 30 minutes