Healthy oats idli will surely make a good breakfast recipe! Try it:)
- Oats - 2 cups
- Rava/semolina -1 cup
- Chana dal -1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 to 3
- Coriander - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - handful
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Curds - 1/2 cup
- Water - to adjust to idli batter consistency. Make sure its not too watery.
- Oil for frying and greasing the idli moulds.
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a frying pan and dry roast the oats for 3 minutes and allow it to cool.Then grind them to a fine powder.
- Now add 2 tsp oil to the frying pan, add in mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal .
- Once they start sputtering add in the rava/semolina and fry well for few minutes until you get a nice aroma on medium flame.
- At the end add in the powdered oatsand mix well.
- Switch off and let the mixture cool down.
- Add salt to taste , curry leaves and coriander leaves .
- Now add in the curds and required water to get a thick batter consistency.
- Lastly add the baking soda and mix well.Allow the batter to stay for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile grease the idli moulds with little oil and keep it ready.
- Add the batter to the moulds and steam in the cooker for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Switch off and enjoy hot hot idlis with chutney!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
It is noticeable that there is a great number of tasty recipes on your site and we would like to suggest you to have a look at the Top Food Blog section on our site, the www.mytaste.com
MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes. Some of the top food blogs receive 20,000 visitors from us on a weekly basis.
To add your blog to the Top Food Blog list just follow the link http://www.mytaste.com/top-food-blogs
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at
Oats idli looks so good! What are the good substitutes for yogurt ...ReplyDelete
So many great traditional recipes here. Thank you so much for posting...