I tried to make asparagus poriyal or palya Indian style and it tastes yumm! Try it!
- Asparagus - 1 bund peeled and finely cut
- Red or green chillies - 5
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Jeera seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal -1 tsp
- Coconut - fresh or desiccated - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE
- Take a frying pan and add oil to it.
- Once heated, add in mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal and allow it to sputter.
- Now add hing and also add finely cut asparagus.
- Fry well for about 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat . sprinkle little water while frying if very dry.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add fresh or desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with hot rotis or rice!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes