Healthy methi or fenugreek seeds poha for breakfast!
- Poha - 2 cup
- Methi sprouts (methi seeds sprouted at home) - 1 cup
- Onions - 2 chopped
- Chillies - 4 or 5
- Ginger - 1 tsp minced
- Curry leaves - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Bengal gram - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Soak and drain the water from the poha.
- Heat a kadai and add oil to it.
- Once oil is heated, add in the mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, Bengal gram, hing and ginger.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add in chillies and onion and fry for a minute.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and m8x well.
- Now add in the methi sprouts and fry well until they soften for about 5 mins.
- Add in the salt and mix well.
- Add in the drained poha and mix well.
- Switch off the heat and add in 1 tsp of lime juice and give it a nice stir .
- Serve while hot!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes