Have been making lotsa dishes with superfood "quinoa" --Quinoa is a seed high on protein and gluten free!
Tried making bisibelebhaat with quinoa and it tastes yumm:)
- Quinoa - 3/4 cup
- Toor dal - 3 tbsp
- Water -2 cups
- Bisibelebhaat powder - 2 to 3 tsp
- Veggies of your choice - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Jeera seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
HOW TO MAKE :
- Cook quinoa and dal mixture together in a pressure cooker or rice cooker by using 1:2 water. Keep it ready.
- Now take a thick bottomed pan and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, jeera, hing .
- Now add in the cut onions and fry for a minute.Now add in the remaining veggies and add 1 cup of water.
- Let it boil well until the veggies turn soft.
- Add salt to taste and bisibelebhaat powder and cook again for few minutes.
- Add in the tamarind paste too.
- Now atlast add the cooked quinoa and dal mix to it and mix well.Adjust the water if its too thick.
- Simmer it for few minutes and serve while hot with raita!:)
Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.ReplyDelete
Shop online for quinoa at www.saiwholefoods.comDelete