Cream of mushroom soup is a very comforting soup on chilly days.Mushrooms are low in calorie,fat free,cholesterol free,gluten free abd very low in aodium,yet they are a powerhouse with the most important nutrients like vitamin D,Selenium, potassium and more!
HOW TO MAKE :
Mushrooms were never cooked at our home and it was an unknown veggie for us!First time I tried mushroom in the form of cream of mushroom soup at a restaurant and just loved it!Tried making the same and it turned out to be great!Try this yummy soup yourself and let me know what you think!
- Button mushrooms - 1 cup finely sliced
- Onion (small)-1 finely chopped
- Garlic-2 flakes finely chopped
- All purpose flour or maida -1 tbsp
- Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream -1 tbsp
- Oregano powder- 3 tsp
- Pepper -ground to sprinkle/taste
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE :
- Peel the mushrooms,rinse and chop them fine.
- Take a pan.Add maida and saute it on medium flame for a minute. Keep it aside to cool.
- Now heat the butter and add chopped onions and garlic and saute fo about 3 minutes.
- Once onions turn translucent, add in the mushrooms and saute for abt 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the set aside maida with 3 tbsp milk and make a paste without lumps.
- Now add this to the pan and mix well.Now add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil.add in oregano and salt.
- Now add in 1 tbsp fresh cream and stir well.
- Serve hot with sprinkled oregano and pepper!
Preparation time:20 minutes