Sweet Potatoes and Paneer Cutlets/Kebabs
Sweet Potatoes are a healthy replacement for Potatoes which are considered high in carbs. Sweet potatoes have high potassium and is rich in fibre making it healthy. Paneer brings in protein and calcium content and the greens n chillies bring in the vitamins needed in our dietary supplements. Indian spices which is vital in this recipe helps in digesting and balancing. These crisp on the out n' soft n gooey on the inside makes it a great tea time snack!
- Sweet Potatoes - 3 medium boiled, peeled and mashed
- Paneer - 200gms .. scrambled and coarsely mashed
- Onions - 3 medium finely chopped
- Green Chillies - 4-5 or as per requirement very finely diced
- Coriander leaves - half bunch very finely diced.
- Bread slices - 3-4 slices quick dunk in water and drain out excess water and mash along with other ing.
- Black salt- half tsp
- Chat masala - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Lime - 1
- Salt - as per taste.
- Clean the sweet potatoes and boil them in a pressure cooker.
- Peel and mash the sweet potatoes once cooked and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Crush the paneer [cottage cheese] and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop onions, green chillies, coriander and add to the bowl.
- Add the spices ie., chilli powder. chat masala, black salt and salt for seasoning.
- To this add the bread slices [explained in the ingredients] and juice of a lime.
- Bring together all the ingredients mix well and check for seasoning.
- Scoop about a handful or less of the mixture and pat it between palms to make cutlet or patties.
- In a hot fry pan add about a tbsp oil and fry the patties till golden. It will be crisp on the out and soft n mushy in the inside.
- Serve it piping hot with mint and yogurt dip along or tomato ketchup.