Kodbale is a perfect tea time snack and can be stored for a long time!Try this recipe and enjoy snacking:)
- ½ cup rice flour / akki hittu
- ¼ cup semolina / sooji / bombay rava
- salt to taste
- ½ cup maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ajwain / carom seeds / om
- a pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- oil for deep frying
- for masala paste:
- ¼ cup coconut, fresh or desiccated
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 5 whole dried kashmiri red chilli
- ¼ cup water, or as required
HOW TO MAKE:
- In a mixing bowl take rice flour, rava and maida,ajwain and salt. combine well.f
- Next pour 2 tbsp of hot oil and mix well.
- In the meantime,prepare the masala by grinding coconut, jeera and red chilli to smooth paste adding water as required.
- Now transfer the prepared masala paste to the flour.knead to smooth and soft dough.
- Next roll and prepare small circles.
- Then deep fry the kodubale in hot oil .fry the kodubale till they turn golden brown and crisp on medium flame.and drain off excess oil on to a kitchen paper .
- Store in an airtight container for 10-15 days once its cooled completely and Enjoy snacking:)
Preparation time:15 mins