Celery pulp and Avocado chutney
- Celery pulp - about 2 cups(I used the pulp from the celery bunch which I had juiced earlier)
- 1 Avocado (ripe)
- 1 Tbsp oil(I used sun flower oil)
- 2 Tbsp chana dal
- 1 Tbsp Urid dal
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 medium dried red chillies
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Take a pan and add oil once the pan is hot.
- Add mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, chana dal, urid dal, green chillies, ginger and turmeric and saute on medium heat for a minute.Then add the celery pulp and fry for 3 more minutes on medium heat.
- Switch off and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Now grind the fried mixture, Avocado and salt.
- For seasoning, Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds,dry red chillies and pour it on the ground mixture.
- Now your chutney is ready to be served with hot rice or rotis!