Have Ripe bananas at home?Try this easy recipe then ..go ahead,,treat yourself to a yummy delicacy right away!
I baked banana bread using pressure cooker as I do not have an oven at home.Feel free to use the same recipe for oven prep!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour(Atta)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 ripe bananas(i used small ones )
- 6-8 almonds, chopped
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup milk
How to make:
- Sift the flour,baking powder and baking soda well in a dry container.
- Add sugar,butter,bananas in a blender and blend them into a nice puree.
- Now pour the above puree into the container containing flour.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and almonds.
- Mix and beat well .
- Add milk to get a pouring consistency.Now the batter is ready.
- Take a flat container if you are using a pressure cooker to bake the cake.
- Grease the container with little butter and dust it with little flour.
- Pour the batter on to the container.Sprinkle sesame seeds on the batter.
- Keep the container inside the cooker and close the lid.
- Now let the bread bake slowly on LOW flame for about 40-45 mins.
- Now take a fork and pierce at a corner and see if it goes through without batter sticking to the fork.If it sticks ,close the lid and continue baking for few more minutes.
- Put off the stove and let it cool for few mins.
- Cut the cake n enjoy eating!
Preparation time: 1 hour