|Gongura leaves(Sorrel leaves in english)|
- Gongura leaves - 2 Bunches-make sure you take only the leaves!
- Methi/Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 5-6
- Black pepper-1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida -a pinch
- mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Dry coconut(shredded) - 1 cup
- Wash the gongura leaves well and strain the extra water.
- Take a saucepan and add 1 tsp oil and season with asafoetida .Now fry the gongura leaves in that.
- Keep it aside.
- Now add 2 tsp oil and add methi seeds,dry chillies .(make sure it does not get burnt)
- Grind the fried methi ,chillies,fried gongura leaves,1 cup shredded dry copra ,black pepper and salt without adding much water(as the leaves will be already sticky)
- Add 1 tsp oil and season the gongura chutney with asafoetida ,mustard seeds .
- Now the gongura chutney is ready!
- Tastes best with hot rice !
Gongura is a very rich source of Iron, vitamins, folic acid and anti-oxidants essential for human nutrition.