GASAGASE PAYASA(POPPY SEEDS KHEER)
Poppy seeds kheer /Gasagase payasa is a karnataka special prepared during the festivals.
- 3-4 tsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tsp White Rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded copra(dry coconut)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Milk or even milk powder can be used
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi, powdered
- 4-5 strands of Saffron
- 8-10 Cashews
- 8-10 Almonds
- 50 gms Jaggery
How to Make:
- Fry poppy seeds and rice until they turn crisp and lightly change their color.
- Finely powder the roasted poppy seeds and rice in a mixer without adding any water.
- Add grated coconut, dry copra, some water and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Boil Jaggery separately in about 3 cups of water.Now transfer the ground contents and boil again for 6-10 minutes.Strain the residue if any.
- Add powdered elaichi.
- Add warm milk with saffron and mix well.
- Season with dry grapes and ghee.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Post a Comment