- 7-8 tsp of Masala powder(Home made masala powder(see below for recipe) or you can use MTR vangibath powder)
- Cut Menthya soppu (for 4 bunches of washed methi leaves -take only the leaves!)
- Urad dal
- Bengal gram
- Mustard seeds
- Tamarind juice
- Take a kadai.Add 7-8 Tsp of oil to it.
- Season it with mustard seeds,bengal gram,urad dal,hinge,haldi.Let it sputter.
- Add the cut methi leaves to it.fry for 5 minutes.
- Add little tamarind juice,vangibath masala powder and salt to taste and sautee it for 5 -8 minutes.
- Mix well .
- Take a big pan and add the already cooked rice(make sure you do not use too much water while cooking rice) to the methi masala prepared above and mix well
- .Add extra salt for taste if needed.
15 mins (if masala powder is already ready)
The vangibath masala powder can be used with other veggies like capsicum + peas,beans,cabbage etc in a similar way.
Recipe for Masala powder used above:
- 1 cup Bengal gram
- 1 cup urad dal
- 15 - 20 dried chillies red
- coriander seeds
- little cinnamon
- grated copra -1/2 cut(dry shredded coconut)
- Fry all the above ingredients above except copra .
- Let the mixture cool a bit.
- Take the mixture in a mixer with copra and grind it WITHOUT water coarsely.
- Store it in an air tight container .
Post a Comment