A tangy tomato based gravy to tingle your taste buds! Baby potatoes when crisped and added makes it a yummy combination!
- Baby potatoes-15-20
- Big ripe tomato-1
- Green chillies-4
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 Tsp
- 2-3 strands of coriander leaves
- Kitchen King Masala / Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut paste [8- 10 in no. and undiluted milk of ½ cup]
- Salt to taste
How to make:
· Boil the baby potatoes with skin on and with some salt; Peel off the skin after its boiled pierce holes with the help of a fork and shallow fry till golden brown. Take it out on a paper towel n drain the excess oil off. Keep it aside.
· Grind tomato, onion, chillies to a fine paste.
· Take a sauce pan and add 2 teaspoon oil. Sauté some cumin seeds and onion tomato chilli ginger garlic paste till it is done and doesn’t give raw smell. For seasoning, 1/2 tea spoon turmeric, red chilli powder and Garam Masala
· Fry well all the ingredients till it comes to a thick consistency. To this add the fried baby potatoes, salt to taste and mix well. Cover with a lid for 2-3 mins.
· To this add cashew paste and some water. Mix well and cover with a lid on for 15 mins. Keep stirring once in a while. Note: it has to cook well under ‘dum’ or steam.
· Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Phulkas/chapatis/parathas.
Preparation time: 30-40 minutes