Kadai Paneer is a yummy spicy tomato based gravy.
- Paneer, cubed - 2 cups
- Capsicum -1
- Onion -1(large)
- Green chillies -3
- 3-4 pods of garlic, crushed
- 1" piece of ginger, crushed (or 1tsp ginger garlic paste)
- 1 tomato, pureed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (or another pureed tomato)
- A pinch of kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Grind the onion along with the green chillies.
- Take a Kadai(saucepan) and Heat oil and fry this paste for 2-3 mins.
- Then add the chilli powder, turmeric, jeera, coriander powder and crushed ginger and garlic (or ginger garlic paste) and mix well, frying for another minute.
- To this, add the tomato paste and pureed tomato. Fry for another 4-5 minutes until the mixture comes together and the oil begins to separate.
- Next add the capsicum and kasoori methi, with some salt. Fry for 2-3 mins, until the capsicum is cooked well.
- Finally add the cubed paneer and mix gently until well combined. Simmer for 2 mins and remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis/chapatis.