Thanks to my sister Shwe for this yummy recipe:).Enjoy the Kerala Mango curry !
- White Pumpkin - About 150 -200 gms
- Turmeric - a pinch
- Green chillies - 7 to 8
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Coconut - a small cup
- Yogurt - 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 4-5 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Mango pulp
HOW TO MAKE:
- Dice white pumpkin into small cubes and cook it with a pinch of turmeric and salt. Add only a couple spoons of water and let it cook in the steam.
- While it is cooking, grind green chillies, jeera, coconut and yogurt in a mixer.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, add the blended mixture to it.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep the heat on simmer for a few minutes until it just begins to boil.
- Turn off the stove and add mango pulp (add in increments so it doesnt become too sweet).
- Add tadka - mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Enjoy with white rice.