- Avocado – 1 ripe --peeled,pitted and mashed
- coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Mint leaves - few strands
- Green Chillies-5-6
- lemon juice – 1tsp
- Tamarind juice -1 tsp(concentrated)
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Peel the ripe avocado(It is easy to remove the skin when ripe),Once it is peeled just twist at the centre of the avocado and it will be split in to two halves and you will see a big seed,remove the seed and mash the avocado.
- Squeeze lime juice all over it and mix well and keep it aside.
- In a mixer grind coriander leaves, chillies,mint leaves,tamarind along with little salt and little water to smooth paste.
- Now mix that with the mashed avocados and the chutney is ready!
- This can be used as a sauce for sandwich,cutlet,Rotis too!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Avocados have diverse fats.
For a typical avocado:
About 75% of an avocado's calories come from fat, most of which is monounsaturated fat.
On a 100 g basis, avocados have 35% more potassium (485 mg) than bananas (358 mg).
They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K.
Avocados have a high fiber content of 75% insoluble and 25% soluble fiber.
High avocado intake was shown in one preliminary study to lower blood cholesterol levels. Specifically, after a seven-day diet rich in avocados, mild hypercholesterolemia patients showed a 17% decrease in total serum cholesterol levels. These subjects also showed a 22% decrease in both LDL (harmful cholesterol) and triglyceride levels and 11% increase in HDL (helpful cholesterol) levels. Additionally a Japanese team synthesised the four chiral components, and identified (2R, 4R)-16-heptadecene-1, 2, 4-triol as a natural antibacterial component.
Due to a combination of specific aliphatic acetogenins, avocado is under preliminary research for potential anti-cancer activity.
Extracts of P. americana have been used in laboratory research to study potential use for treating hypertension or diabetes mellitus.
wow, this is very healthy and very new to me :)ReplyDelete
can i freeze the chutney if i make it in a large batch?ReplyDelete
Yes..It will stay for about 10 days or so when in refrigerator.ReplyDelete