INSTANT OATS DOSA
Bored of eating oats cooked with milk and sugar ,yogurt etc..??.try this recipe for some variety!This Dosa is not only easy to make but it is delicious and healthy:)
- Oats 2 cups
- Rava/sooji/ssemolina 1 cup(use the thin rava)
- Rice Flour 1/2 cup
- wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 Big- nicely chopped
- carrot 1/2 cup grated
- Cumin seeds - 2 Tsp
- Chillies 4-5
- Ginger 1 inch
- Coriander leaves few strands finely chopped
- Curd 1 cup
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a pan and Fry the oats, rava ,cumin seeds,chillies for few minutes.(make sure you do not burn them).
- Let it cool for sometime.
- Take a grinder jar and then add the above mixture and add ginger , rice flour and wheat flour.
- Now Grind them in to smooth powder and keep it ready.
- Take a container and add the ground powder to it.
- Now add chopped onion,carrots and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add curd and slowly add the required water and salt and mix well.(make sure the batter is not too watery)
- Let the batter stay for 10 mins and it is ready to use!
- Heat a thick dosa griddle or non stick flat pan (tawa).
- Pour a ladle of batter in centre when hot and spread it thin like how you spread for pancakes.
- When batter has cooked a bit, drizzle some oil over it.
- Allow the dosa to turn golden brown and then turn it over for the other side to be cooked using a flat edged spatula.
- Flip again and fold it and remove from the griddle!
- Serve hot with chutney!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes about 10-12 dosas.
Could u pls how much of ginger to add to the mix. ThanksReplyDelete
Hi, in the picture, I see cumin seeds, just asking do I have to add cumin seeds, if yes then pls devise how much and does it need to b fried,ReplyDelete
Sorry had missed out writing them!I have added now!You will need about 2 tsp of cumin seeds and 1 inch of ginger!ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing this recipe, I love the way u used oats in this recipe. Very creative and children loved it.ReplyDelete