Bored of eating oats cooked with milk and sugar ,yogurt etc..??.try this recipe for some variety!This Dosa is not only easy to make but it is delicious and healthy:)
- Oats 2 cups
- Rava/sooji/ssemolina 1 cup(use the thin rava)
- Rice Flour 1/2 cup
- wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 Big- nicely chopped
- carrot 1/2 cup grated
- Cumin seeds - 2 Tsp
- Chillies 4-5
- Ginger 1 inch
- Coriander leaves few strands finely chopped
- Curd 1 cup
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a pan and Fry the oats, rava ,cumin seeds,chillies for few minutes.(make sure you do not burn them).
- Let it cool for sometime.
- Take a grinder jar and then add the above mixture and add ginger , rice flour and wheat flour.
- Now Grind them in to smooth powder and keep it ready.
- Take a container and add the ground powder to it.
- Now add chopped onion,carrots and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add curd and slowly add the required water and salt and mix well.(make sure the batter is not too watery)
- Let the batter stay for 10 mins and it is ready to use!
- Heat a thick dosa griddle or non stick flat pan (tawa).
- Pour a ladle of batter in centre when hot and spread it thin like how you spread for pancakes.
- When batter has cooked a bit, drizzle some oil over it.
- Allow the dosa to turn golden brown and then turn it over for the other side to be cooked using a flat edged spatula.
- Flip again and fold it and remove from the griddle!
- Serve hot with chutney!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes about 10-12 dosas.