CHOLE (WHITE CHICK PEAS GRAVY)
Yummy Chole recipe!Chole serves as a good side dish with almost anything be it rotis,puris,bhature or rice!
- Chickpeas(kabuli channa)-200g
- Onions-2 large sized
- Tomatoes-2 big
- Ginger-1 inch
- Cinnamon-1 tsp or 1 inch
- Red chilli powder=2 tsp
- Jeera-1/2 tsp
- Green chillies - 3-4(according to your taste)
- Coriander leaves-1 small bunch
- Tamarind-1small lemon sized
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Pre soak Kabuli chana/white Chick peas for about six hours.
- Pressure cook the soaked chana and retain the water.
- Now Cut onions and tomatoes .Heat 1tsp oil in a frying pan and sauté the cut onions and tomatoes along with ginger and cinnamon for about 2min. Allow it to cool.
- Now grind the above ingredients in a grinder/blender with little water if required.
- Next Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a big wok or in a pressure pan .
- Add jeera along with 1 slit green chilli.
- Add the ground paste and sauté for 2minutes.
- Then, add the cooked channa along with the water that was retained .
- Add redchilli powder ,tamarind water(extracted from soaked tamarind) , jaggery and required amount of salt. Allow to cook for about 10-15 min and keep stirring in between.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with green chillies ,finely chopped onions and cut coriander leaves.(optional)
- Serve hot with Puris or rotis.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Note: Alternatively Chole masala powder can be used which is a mixture of all the spices used above and it is available in all Indian stores.
Post a Comment