Baby Corn is so versatile that it can be used in making starters or main course.. Here is a simple and quick way to make a yummy snack with minimum ingredients and time!
- Baby Corn - 10-15 Nos. slit in the middle and chop to 1" sized pieces
- Onion - 1 Big
- Tomato - 2 Medium
- Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 4 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - little
- Vinegar - little
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Spring onions - a small bunch
- Coriander - a few sprigs [only the leaf part]
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and mix the corn flour, all purpose flour 2 green chillies [finely chopped or paste] salt to taste. Batter should be of medium consistency not to thick nor thin and should nicely coat the slit baby corns well.
- Deep fry the babycorns and keep aside.
- Take a big wok/ kadai and add a tbsp of oil add chopped onions which is cut length wise also add the ginger garlic paste, fry it on a high flame until the raw smell disappears.
- To this add the chopped tomato and fry well add the tomato and soy sauce also the vinegar.
- Add the fried baby corn and mix well and flame should be high this will make the corn crisp keep tossing it to avoid burning.
- finally end it with chopped spring onions and coriander finely chopped.
- Serve hot as an appetizer with some ketchup.