SPRING ONION SOUP
- Spring Onions - a bunch
- Onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped (optional)
- Garlic - 2 big cloves, finely chopped
- Butter- 2 teaspoons
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water/Vegetable stock - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Crushed black pepper - 1 Tsp
HOW TO MAKE:
- Wash and chop the spring onions top and bottom part separately.
- In a Pan,heat Butter.Add chopped garlic and fry for few minutes.
- Now,Add chopped onion and bottom part of the spring onion. Saute them till the onion gets translucent.
- Add spring onion top part and saute well without changing the colour. Once it is done, allow it cool completely.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth paste and transfer to sauce pan again.
- Add vegetable stock and warm milk. Simmer it for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with bread or croutons.
Make sure to fry the spring onions well ,till the raw smell vanishes.
Preparation time:30 minutes(Including cooling)
The post is written in very a good manner and it entails much useful information for me. I am happy to find your blog as even I love cooking India food network cooking channelReplyDelete