BROCCOLI AND LEEK SOUP
- Leek 1 big stalk cleaned and chopped
- Broccoli florets about 1 cup
- Ginger 1 tsp grated
- Garlic 2 pods minced
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Butter 1 Tbsp
- Peppercorns 8 to 9
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add Garlic and Ginger and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Now Add leeks and Broccoli florets and sauté until leeks are almost soft, reducing heat if needed to prevent rapid browning, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add 4 cups vegetable broth (readily available) to pot; bring to boil. Cover; boil until vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in blender until smooth.
- Thin soup with more broth, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve while hot with bread!
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Note:If vegetable stock is not available,You can just use water:-)since broccoli by itself gives a nice texture and flavour.
Post a Comment