Bok choy Dal
Try this yummy and nutritious Bok choy dal and surprise your tastebuds!Very easy to make and it goes well with either rice or chapathis!
Bok choy is a cruciferous green vegetable,It’s also called pak choi or Chinese cabbage.
Bok choy is a nutrient-dense vegetable that contains many essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other important nutrients. It has VitaminA,C,B,Calcium,Potassium,Selenium,Zinc,Magnesium!
- 🥬 Bok choy -2 heads
- Toor dal 1/2 cup
- Moong dal 1/2 cup
- Onion finely chopped -1
- Tomato finely chopped-1
- Ginger garlic 1 inch -finely chopped
- Chillies 2 or as per your taste
- For tadka/seasoning :
- Oil/ghee - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Urid dal 1 tsp
- Hing a pinch
HOW TO MAKE:
- Wash Bok choy very well and chop them into small pieces.
- Add the dals and bok choy in a cooking vessel and pressure cook them together.
- Now take a kadai,add in the oil,after heated add in the mustard seeds,Jeera (cumin) seeds,urid dal and a pinch of hing or asafoetida.
- Now add in the ginger,garlic,onion ,chilles and mix well.
- Next add in the salt and tomatoes and cook well
- Now add in the cooked dal with bok choy and mix well
- Serve hot with Rice or chapathis!