CASHEW TINDORA(IVY GOURD)CURRY
tondekayi (Kannada - ತೊಂಡೆಕಾಯಿ)
- 1/4 kg Tindora/Tondekayi/Ivy gourd
- 8-10 cashews
- 1 small cup shredded coconut
- 4-6 chillies(according to your hot level)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp tamarind juice
- salt to taste
- Cut the Tindora in to small pieces .
- Pressure cook tindora and cashews .(only one whistle in the cooker)
- Grind 3 cashews,chillies,jeera,mustard seeds ,tamarind ,hing,shredded coconut by adding little water to a smooth paste.(make sure its not too watery)
- Now take a kadai.Add little oil to it .
- Season with mustard seeds and transfer the ground contents to the kadai.
- Mix well and fry the contents for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked Tindora+cashew contents from the pressure cooker (by draining extra water) to the kadai and mix well.Add salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Serve hot with Chapatis/Phulkas
Ivy Gourd is rich in beta-carotene.