Rava Rotti is a family favorite of ours as its very healthy with absolutely no oil and at the same time the chewy texture is a sure hit with the kids !
- Chiroti Rava [Fine Semolina]- 250gms
- Cucumber 2 big or 4-5 zucchini
- Finely copped onion- 2 big
- Methi leaves finely chopped- 1 big bunch
- Curry leaves-2-3 strands
- Green chillies-5-6 [according to taste]
- Salt to taste
- Use a hand blender or a mixer to finely chop cucumber/zucchini, onions, methi leaves, curry leaves, chillies. It should be a coarse mixture and not a fine paste.
- To the above mixture add Semolina & salt and mix well. (NOTE:pls do not add extra water to this dough!)
- Set aside in a container and rest it for 45mins. You will notice the dough will be stringy and elastic.
- Take a non-stick pan and spread the dough evenly.
- Cover it with the lid and let the rotti cook in sim-med flame. Note this roti should not become crisp unlike other rotis. Softer the rotti, tastier it turns out to be.
- Once the rotti is done on one side for 3-4 mins, flip it and cook it on the otherside for another 2-3 mins.
- Keep a hot case ready as the rotti needs to go straight into the case.
- Rotti is ready to serve. Serve hot but soft with your choice of accompaniments. It goes best with a dollop of butter and pickle.
Rotti preparation time - 5-6mins