Onion Rava dosa or Rava Roast is a breakfast special from south India.It is an instant dosa which can be prepared at home with minimum ingredients and time.Rava roast tastes best when it is thin and crispier!Read on for the recipe!
- Roasted Rava - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Maida or All purpose flour - 2 Tbsp
- Chillies - 2 or 3 finely cut
- Onion - finely chopped - 2
- Jeera or cumin seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Buttermilk - 3 cups(or water can also be used)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Take a mixing bowl and mix all the flours with Jeera, finely chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, salt and add buttermilk/water to get a thin batter without lumps.
- The batter consistency should be pouring consistency and not spreading consistency.Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat the tava/pan .
- Now start pouring the batter from the edge of the pan to get a thin layer of dosa. You will see some pores..leave them like that as they allow in dosa becoming crisp.
- Then add 1 tsp oil on the top and turn it around once the edges are crisp and start changing the color.
- Allow the other side of dosa to get roasted for few minutes and turn it around if required to get crispier dosa.
- Serve hot crispy rava dosa with chutney.(i served with tomato chutney)
To get crispier dosa it’s important to cook the dosa on medium flame for longer time, than cooking on high flame