NOTE:Pesarattu is mostly served with a filling of rava upma also called as "MLA Pesarattu". You can add a mound to the centre of the dosa(like aloo filling used for masala dosa) for some variety:)
- 1 cup whole green moong dal soaked
- 1/4 cup of raw rice
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Few sprigs of coriander leaves
- Green chillies - 3 to 4
- Peppercorns - few
- 2 tbsp of oil, for drizzling on dosa while cooking
- 1/4 cup of minced onions for garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
- First Soak the moong dal and rice together for at least 4 hours .
- Grind together with rest of the ingredients and some salt + water
- Heat a tawa and spread one ladle-full of batter into a dosa.
- Spread it thinner for a crisper version or thicker for a soft version depending on your taste. Drizzle with some oil and spread the minced onions on top (optional).
- When both sides are cooked, remove from tawa and serve hot with spicy andhra ginger chutney.