(Avarekai=Surti papdi lilva/flat beans)This is a yummy curry during the Avarekai season.(Note Avarekai is available frozen as well)
(Avarekai=Surti papdi lilva/flat beans)
- Avarekai seeds- about 250 gms(needs to be boiled before,add a pinch of salt while boiling)
- 1 onion
- little oil
- For grinding:
- Dhania - 2 Tsp
- Red chillies-5-6
- khus khus(gasagase)
- cinnamon-1/2 spoon
- cloves-2 or 3
- Ginger paste - 1 Teaspoon
- shredded coconut-1 cup
- onion- 1 small onion
- garlic paste -(1/2-1)tsp
How to Make:
- Fry Dhania and red chillies.
- Add all the ingredients above for grinding and grind it to a smooth paste.keep it aside.
- Take a kadai.Add tsp oil to it and add mustard seeds.After it sputters,add nicely chopped onion and let it turn golden brown.
- Add boiled avarekai seeds to the above and add salt.
- Pour the grinded mixture to the kadai and mix everything.Let it boil for sometime so that the masala is absorbed by the avarekai seeds.
- Garnish with tomato and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot!Makes a yummy side dish for chapathis/rotis:)
Preparation Time: 45 mins